Re: What's the best MPEG Encoder out there?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Pancho Claus wrote:
    > I'm presently using TMPG Express and it'll take 4 hours or so to
    > convert a 1 hour AVI file. Although it takes a very long time the
    > results are excellent. I've tried Mainconcept for the same AVI file and
    > while it was considerably faster the final results had audio/video
    > synch issues while the other did not. What else is everyone using out
    > there and how fast is it?

    Womble MPEG Video Wizard is quick and a neat little program, but it has
    it's quirks. You can try it for free for 30 days. When I want to make
    sure the MPEG2 file comes out right each time (which is very often) I
    import the AVI into Vegas Video and render it as MPEG2. It's kinda slow
    but nary a glitch.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 11, 2005