Re: What's the best book for 70-210?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Clint Kennedy, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. I used Microsoft Press's 70-210 guide (the first edition). There is a
    second edition out now, and to be honest I couldn't tell you the difference
    between the two besides some added supplementary materials. I used this
    book, and only this book, and scored 860/540.

    Clint

    "jrb" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've been lurking here for a while and I think the group is great! I
    > especially like the fact that everyone is against braindumps! Not having
    > time to study is a load of crap! I am working full time, going to

    graduate
    > school part time(MBA and MIS dual program), studying for certs and my wife
    > and I just had a new baby! If I can find time, anyone can. I have gotten
    > my A+, and I am taking my Network+ tomorrow. I want to get started on
    > 70-210 this weekend. What are some of the better materials out there for
    > preparing for this test? (Names of publishers, or titles would be a great
    > help).
    >
    > My background is as follows: I am a sys admin for a small (10 employees)
    > network that runs all win2k pc's with two win2k servers. So far I have
    > "bootstrapped" my way through everything (if it breaks I figure out how to
    > fix it from newsgroups, the net, knowledgebase's, commonsense, etc.). I
    > haven't had any formal training in computing other than my graduate work,
    > which is mostly high level and management stuff, and for my self study for
    > my certifications. I am doing the certifications because if and when I

    get
    > into management I don't want to be a PHB. I want to actually know what I

    am
    > talking about (I want some street cred!) Plus I absolutely love

    everything

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Hi Clint
    I just took the 70-210 exam and only received a
    pass grade. How did you find out your score? I would love
    to know how I did on the test, (other then just "PASS")

    Thanks Joe

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 8, 2003

  3. When I got done with my exam I received a test sheet with a gold seal at the
    bottom. On the paper it gave the passing score as 540 and my score as 860.
    I took this exam back in May of 2002. It is possible Microsoft's policy has
    changed or that it's a Prometric Vs. Vue type of thing. I do not know since
    I have not taken a test recently.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Clint Kennedy

    Paul Hanlon Guest

    Clint,

    Yes Microsofts Policy has changed, but they did this in
    2001. And 210 has been updated more than most as its a
    core exam.............

    Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA, MCSE

    Paul Hanlon, Aug 12, 2003