Re: What's making my 3.5" floppydrive rattle?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PhilGreg, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. PhilGreg

    PhilGreg Guest

    "Jeff Wisnia" <> wrote in message
    > For the past few days my WIN98 computer's (empty) 3.5" floppy drive

    has
    > rattled for several seconds like some program is trying to access a

    disk
    > in it. This occurs about once every half hour, when I'm not using

    the
    > computer and I don't have any user programs open, just a screen

    saver
    > and whatever else is running in the background, and I do have a DSL
    > connection open.
    >
    > This started happening "all by itself" and has me puzzled. I've

    never
    > had any of the other computers I use act like this, and it can't be
    > doing the floppy drive any good.
    >
    > What should I look for to locate what's making this happen and stop

    it.

    ==> Maybe you, or someone else, left a floppy in and closed out
    Windows Explorer.
    Try this;
    1- Insert floppy imto drive
    2- Open Windows Explorer