Re: What the heck is Tauger's problem?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tauger Get Real, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. PTRAVEL <> wrote:

    >I make it a point to avoid commuter jets, and generally won't fly on
    >anything smaller than a 727. I've been on a lot of DC-9s, first on TWA and
    >then on Northwest. Last night, I had leg from Cincinnati to MSP on
    >Northwest on what my TA had assured me was a decidedly-non-commuter DC9. My
    >first clue that something was up was when I had trouble fitting my standard
    >rollaboard into the overhead (I was in F). Next clue was when I was told
    >there was no head up front, only in the back. Walking back I noticed an
    >exceptionally short coach compartment. I asked an FA about the plane, and
    >she said, "Oh, yes -- this is a DC9-10. We call the Dash 10s 'stubbies'."
    >Apparently, NWA has a couple of these in inventory. This thing just struck
    >me as being small, not just in length, but in width as well.
    >
    >Well, it might have been the unsettled air over a lot of the country last
    >night, but the ride was everything I don't like about commuters, and the
    >reason I avoid them. Manuevers, particularly banked turns, seemed
    >considerably more aggressive (sharper angle, more gs?), though it might have
    >been my imagination. The flight was very bumpy, but then again, the entire
    >MSP to SFO leg (in an A320) was like a cocktail shaker.
    >
    >So, is anyone familiar with this plane? Was it just bad flying weather last
    >night, or do I need to add the DC9-10 to my list of "will not fly"?

    Oh Lord, here we go again.

    Paul, aren't you *embarrassed* to post these hysterical female rants?

    A big shot lawyer like you with young Asian trophy wife ... what do you when you
    hit turbulence, jump on her lap and start crying???

    Tauger Get Real, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Tauger Get Real

    Bill Davis Guest

    > >So, is anyone familiar with this plane? Was it just bad flying weather last
    > >night, or do I need to add the DC9-10 to my list of "will not fly"?

    > Oh Lord, here we go again.
    >
    > Paul, aren't you *embarrassed* to post these hysterical female rants?
    >
    > A big shot lawyer like you with young Asian trophy wife ... what do you

    when you
    > hit turbulence, jump on her lap and start crying???

    I suspect he continues acting like a mature human being.

    A behavior pattern with which you clearly are completely unfamiliar.

    Now go away little and play with the other little brain-dead children....
    the grown-ups are talking here.

    --
    Bill Davis
    NewVideo

    Bill Davis, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Tauger Get Real

    Alan Lloyd Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:40:00 -0700, (Bill Davis)
    wrote:

    >> >So, is anyone familiar with this plane? Was it just bad flying weather last
    >> >night, or do I need to add the DC9-10 to my list of "will not fly"?

    >> Oh Lord, here we go again.
    >>
    >> Paul, aren't you *embarrassed* to post these hysterical female rants?
    >>
    >> A big shot lawyer like you with young Asian trophy wife ... what do you when you
    >> hit turbulence, jump on her lap and start crying???

    >I suspect he continues acting like a mature human being.
    >
    >A behavior pattern with which you clearly are completely unfamiliar.
    >
    >Now go away little and play with the other little brain-dead children....
    >the grown-ups are talking here.

    I think Paul found out why they call that particular airline
    "Northworst"! Easily treats their passengers with far less basic
    decency than any other major. Dirty planes. Cabin crews with
    lliterally no information provided about anything - so they have
    nothing to tell you if you ask.

    Had the pleasure of an out and back two-leg flight on American this
    past weekend - reminded me what a real airline, even in these times,
    can be. Didn't even mind changing planes (and gates) at O'Hare all
    that much, considering! And the checked gear came through
    delightfully un-thrashed.

    Alan Lloyd, Feb 27, 2004