Re: What the F---? What is with the price?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Jan 12, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jan 11, 10:41 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    wrote:
    > On 2012-01-11 19:23:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >
    > >  http://tinyurl.com/6nlj35n

    > That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
    > value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
    > B&H lists it as "no longer available".
    > If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to become a
    > collector's item.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
    can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
    price.
    I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
    bracket.
    RichA, Jan 12, 2012

  2. RichA

    Richard Guest

    RichA wrote:
    > On Jan 11, 10:41 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    > wrote:
    >> On 2012-01-11 19:23:37 -0800, Rich <> said:
    >>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6nlj35n

    >> That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
    >> value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
    >> B&H lists it as "no longer available".
    >> If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to
    >> become a collector's item.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Savageduck

    > I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
    > can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
    > price.
    > I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
    > bracket.

    ZR100
    $300
    http://di.casio.com/features/highspeed_engine
    Richard, Jan 12, 2012

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Jan 12, 5:54 am, "Richard" <> wrote:
    > RichA wrote:
    > > On Jan 11, 10:41 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
    > > wrote:

    > >> That was the price in September 2008, so it seems to be holding its
    > >> value at Wall St. Photo (just for the 1%).
    > >> B&H lists it as "no longer available".
    > >> If I were you Rich I would snap it up, as it seems destined to
    > >> become a collector's item.

    > >> --
    > >> Regards,

    > >> Savageduck

    > > I was actually thinking of it for the 1000fps, but for that price, I
    > > can buy a used and dedicated scientific CCD camera for about the same
    > > price.
    > > I don't know if Casio makes anything else in a more reasonable price
    > > bracket.

    > ZR100
    > $300http://di.casio.com/features/highspeed_engine

    Thanks.