  1. _@_._

    _@_._ Guest

    Chris Mitchell wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:48:28 +0000, _@_._ wrote:
    >
    >>23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along
    >> the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him.
    >> "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"
    >>
    >>24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on
    >> them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the
    >> woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
    >>

    >Ah, yes - this is my all time favourite passage from the bible. I'm
    >bald, and I think it's really cool that God says I can curse kids and
    >have them ripped to bits by bears.
    >
    >Actually, the version you quoted is a bit soft. The KJV (which all
    >good literalists use, since it's difficult to take several different
    >contradictary versions literally) makes it obvious they're not
    >"youths" (which has a connotation of yobboes) but little kids, and
    >they aren't just mauled, they're ripped to pieces:
    >
    >And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the
    >way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him,
    >and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    >
    >And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of
    >the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare
    >forty and two children of them.

    Ooooh! Now the "Pastors" are REALLY going to call you names!

    Here is another:

    Deuteronomy 25:11-12

    11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes
    to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches
    out and seizes him by his private parts,

    12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

    I see Demi Moore casyt as the woman, Vin Diesal and Steven Segal
    as the fighting men (Steven the one grabbed) and James Earl Jones
    as the judge.
    _@_._, Mar 17, 2005

  2. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:08:23 +0000, _@_._ wrote:

    >I see Demi Moore casyt as the woman, Vin Diesal and Steven Segal
    >as the fighting men (Steven the one grabbed) and James Earl Jones
    >as the judge.

    LOL! You couldn't make it Matt Damon as the grabbee, could you?
    Please?
    Chris Mitchell, Mar 18, 2005

  3. _@_._

    _@_._ Guest

    Chris Mitchell wrote:

    >On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:08:23 +0000, _@_._ wrote:
    >
    >>I see Demi Moore cast as the woman, Vin Deisal and Steven Segal
    >>as the fighting men (Steven the one grabbed) and James Earl Jones
    >>as the judge.

    >LOL! You couldn't make it Matt Damon as the grabbee, could you?
    >Please?

    Done. Now I see Pierce Brosnan fighting with him and Halle Berry
    doing the grabbing, with Danny DiVito as the judge.
    _@_._, Mar 18, 2005