Re: what size memcard for 6Mpixel camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bill Hilton, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Tom Scales"

    >For a complex set of reasons, I'm shooting TIFF rather
    >than RAW on my new 10D.

    How do you shoot TIFF instead of RAW with the 10D? The options appear to be
    jpeg or RAW, you can't get a tiff without converting the RAW file first, right?

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Bill Hilton

    Tom Scales Guest

    OOps, typo on my part. Should read "on my new D100"

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Bill Hilton

    Tom Scales Guest

    Re: TIFF with a 10D?

    Shoot 18MB files would be trivial. My Nikon 4000ED in 16-bit mode puts out
    120MB files.

    Tom
    "dslr" <> wrote in message
    > Don Forsling wrote:
    > >
    > > "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message

    > > > How do you shoot TIFF instead of RAW with the 10D? The options appear

    > > be
    > > > jpeg or RAW, you can't get a tiff without converting the RAW file

    first,
    > > right?
    > > >
    > > > Bill

    > > Echoing Bill, if you're shooting TIFF with the 10D, you've found an

    option
    > > that's certainly eluded me. I wish you _were_ shooting TIFF with your

    10D.

    Tom Scales, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Bill Hilton

    dslr Guest

    Re: TIFF with a 10D?

    Tom Scales wrote:

    > Shoot 18MB files would be trivial. My Nikon 4000ED in 16-bit mode puts out
    > 120MB files.

    Yeah - but you aren't trying to store those on portable memory cards ;-)

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Aug 17, 2003