Re: What size and method to burn for widescreen?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by OJ, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. OJ

    OJ Guest

    Hi,

    Thought I'd post here and see if there were any answers...

    (OJ) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Heya,
    >
    > I'm going to be producing some frames in Photoshop that I want to play
    > back widescreen on 16:9 players, and letterboxed on 4:3 players. I
    > believe I need to produce them in anamorphic 16x9 format, but how do I
    > accomplish that? What size would the initial media need to be?
    >
    > oj

    ie, is there a special way to burn these to disk, or do you just make
    a 720x480 image (btw 720/480 = 1.5, not 1.78 (16x9)...why is that?),
    and burn it?

    oj
    OJ, Jul 27, 2004