Re: What resolution should I scan photos at?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Surfer!, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. Surfer!

    Surfer! Guest

    In message <>, Bill
    <> writes
    >What resolution should I scan 6x4" photos at? And what other settings
    >should I use for best results?
    >
    >I have a flatbed scanner - the Canon Canoscan 8800F.

    Depends what you want to do with the scans. Print them? Email them?
    Put them on a web page? Something else?

    300dpi is good for printing, cannot comment on the other settings as I
    don't have a Canon scanner so have no idea what options it's driver
    provides.

    --
    Surfer!

    Surfer!, Jan 11, 2010