    What would you call this processor? If I'm looking for a mobo to fit it,
    what should I look for?

    Thanks for all input

    Doc, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Doc

    Ben Myers Guest

    That is a Socket 370 Pentium III processor. A motherboard to support it MUST
    provide 1.75v and MUST support 133MHz front-side bus. Boards with Intel
    chipsets and supporting this CPU would use the 810E or an 815 chipset.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Doc

    kony Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I found this pic of a processor that's the same as my 933
    >
    >http://idg.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=107506882
    >
    >The printing on mine is somewhat different, but the specs are the same -
    >Mine says INTEL '81 Costa Rica 933 /256/133/1.75V on the top edge and on the
    >bottom edge is 3116A390-0627 SL52Q
    >
    >What would you call this processor? If I'm looking for a mobo to fit it,
    >what should I look for?
    >
    >Thanks for all input

    It is a Coppermine P3.

    You need a socket 370 motherboard, a later model that is
    capable of 133MHz FSB. The most desirable chipsets tended
    to be Intel 815 (except that it can support only 512MB total
    memory) or Via 694 (or 694T). There were 815 boards with
    integrated video or PLE133 was the Via version with
    integrated video.

    Sis 630(?) supported it too but Sis chipsets were often a
    real PITA, some of them didn't even support all the ATA
    modes properly and would end up in PIO mode instead.

    Since the boards are now mostly at surplus 'sites, you might
    choose based on cost and "newness"... a new board would be
    highly preferred over a used one but how much money did you
    want to 'sink into a system at this point? Sometimes you
    can find barebones systems that include the case, power,
    motherboard for under $60, but then again sometimes these
    also include the CPU for little if any addt'l cost.

    kony, Jun 7, 2006