Re: What printer would you recommend, please?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jake Wood, Oct 18, 2011.

  1. Jake Wood

    Jake Wood Guest

    Here's an article that might help you: http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers-for-Saving-Ink--2011

    Jake Wood, Oct 18, 2011

  2. Jake Wood

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Peter
    Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus

    >"Jake Wood" <> wrote in message
    >On Oct 14, 7:35 am, "Peter Able" <stuck@home> wrote:
    >> My HP850C colour inkjet is coming to the end of its long life. As it can
    >> be
    >> refilled with bulk ink, the print cost has been less than half a penny per
    >> page.

    >Here's an article that might help you:
    >http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers-for-Saving-Ink--2011
    >
    >Many Thanks. From your, and other, evidence, one of the HP Officejet Pro
    >8000 looks like the best choice. Mind, I've managed to find and clear two
    >faults in the 850C and it is fine. For now, anyway!

    We've actually got a Officejet 8600 and as long as you feed it good
    quality paper so it doesn't try to "swallow" 50 sheets at once, it is
    well behaved and rarely seems to require replacement carts unlike the
    Canon;!...
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Oct 18, 2011

  3. Jake Wood

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Peter
    Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus

    >"tony sayer" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, Peter
    >> Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus
    >>>
    >>>"Jake Wood" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>>Here's an article that might help you:
    >>>http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers-for-Saving-Ink--2011
    >>>
    >>>Many Thanks. From your, and other, evidence, one of the HP Officejet Pro
    >>>8000 looks like the best choice. Mind, I've managed to find and clear two
    >>>faults in the 850C and it is fine. For now, anyway!
    >>>

    >> We've actually got a Officejet 8600 and as long as you feed it good
    >> quality paper so it doesn't try to "swallow" 50 sheets at once, it is
    >> well behaved and rarely seems to require replacement carts unlike the
    >> Canon;!...
    >> --
    >> Tony Sayer
    >>

    >I'll check out the 8600. In the mean time, the 850C has gone through the
    >best part of a ream without any problems. Couldn't agree more about paper
    >quality. Buying in bulk gets the price difference down - and a high quality
    >paper can be printed in draft mode with far better results, saving ink.
    >
    >PA

    FWIW and I can't be arsed to look it up;!, I think that 8600 is the A3
    variant in that range.

    Starting the agree re the paper issue. Does seem much better with the
    better paper.
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Oct 19, 2011