Re: What makes a mac better?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by nospam, Aug 26, 2012.

  1. nospam

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Dudley
    Hanks <> wrote:

    > When I picked up my version of Adobe Elements, there was no equivalent mac
    > version. At that time, Adobe was about 2 versions behind in mac-based
    > Elements,

    they skipped version 5 & 7 for mac for some reason, so at *most* it was
    one version behind.

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_Elements>

    every other release was for both platforms and at the same time. it's a
    cross platform app from the same codebase.

    i'm also curious why you would have even looked at whether there was a
    mac version, given that you have no intention of getting a mac.

    > and there was talk that Adobe might be discontinuing support for
    > Elements on macs altogether.

    the only such talk would have been from ignorant people.

    roughly half of adobe's revenue comes from macs. why would adobe
    discontinue support of half of their revenue base??

    > I'll agree that UNIX based systems are more secure than similar Windows
    > systems, but I'm not convinced that those reports of apple durability
    > superiority are all that accurate.

    look at consumer satisfaction reports, reliability reports, etc. macs
    are consistently on top.

    > Given that mac lovers tend to be more zealous than those in the PC family,
    > I'd chalk up longer lived apples to increased tlc by owners.
    >
    > PCs get chucked around pretty good by everybody from the family kids to
    > low-level employees who dream of better jobs instead of attention to detail.

    nonsense. macs don't get any more care than anything else. some users
    are gentle with their stuff and others are not.

    > But, increased security / (possibly) durability have very little to do with
    > great graphics...

    it does when you have to keep dealing with malware threats, removing it
    if you get it, etc.
    nospam, Aug 26, 2012