Re: What is WTService?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Smirnoff wrote:

    >A friend's computer shows error message after being idle for some time.
    >Can't remember it word for word but it states something like:
    >
    >"Computer cannot be placed into standby mode because WTService is
    >running. Please stop this service...".
    >
    >Did some searching but the only advice I could find was to disable it.
    >
    >Can't find exactly what it is or what it does. Could it be a virus?
    >
    >Went into Computer>Manage>Services and
    >Applications>Services>WTService>Properties. There is no description of
    >its function and when I click the Dependencies tab, it says it has none.
    >Any ideas?

    Do you have a Medion digital drawing tablet (from Aldi)?
    http://www.google.com/search?q=WTSe...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

    I would just disable it and see what happens.
    --

    "Newspaper claims car thief transformed into a goat"
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090124/ap_on_fe_st/odd_goat_thief_5
    G. Morgan, Feb 9, 2009