Re: What is the point of nz.comp?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Mar 14, 2011.

  1. In article <>, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:
    >"impossible" <> wrote:

    (snip)
    >>Time for me to open my new iPad2 and read the Times. Bye-bye.

    >Suddenly I have a small amount of hope for the future, not a lot but a little!

    ... and while I hope with you, I'm betting your hope is in vain. :)
    And yet ... it says it thinks it won ... so the delusion circuits are
    running on full. :) :)

    Now if we can just get rid of Lawrence ...

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 14, 2011

  2. In article <iljjnv$pt2$-september.org>, (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    >In article <>, Tony <lizandtony at orcon dot net
    > dot nz> wrote:
    >>"impossible" <> wrote:

    >(snip)
    >>>Time for me to open my new iPad2 and read the Times. Bye-bye.

    >>Suddenly I have a small amount of hope for the future, not a lot but a little!

    >... and while I hope with you, I'm betting your hope is in vain. :)
    >And yet ... it says it thinks it won ... so the delusion circuits are
    >running on full. :) :)
    >
    >Now if we can just get rid of Lawrence ...

    ... much as I hate to folow up my own posts ( :) ) an alternative
    presents itself as to why impy is "going" ...

    impossibles ISP has dumped news from it's list of available options and imp
    can't find an alternative ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Mar 14, 2011

  3. On 14/03/2011 1:24 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article<>, Tony<lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz> wrote:
    >> "impossible"<> wrote:

    > (snip)
    >>> Time for me to open my new iPad2 and read the Times. Bye-bye.

    >> Suddenly I have a small amount of hope for the future, not a lot but a little!

    > .. and while I hope with you, I'm betting your hope is in vain. :)
    > And yet ... it says it thinks it won ... so the delusion circuits are
    > running on full. :) :)
    >
    > Now if we can just get rid of Lawrence ...

    Yes! YES!! ....... if only! Surely sooner or later he's either going to
    grow up and realise that different operating systems can coexist
    cheerfully and peacefully ....... or leave home & find a squat where
    people are actually interested in squabbling about such things......

    Ummmmmmm......., Mar 15, 2011
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    AD. Guest

    On Mar 15, 1:44 pm, "Ummmmmmm......." <> wrote:
    > On 14/03/2011 1:24 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:> In >> > Now if we can just get rid of Lawrence ...
    >
    > Yes! YES!! ....... if only! Surely sooner or later he's either going to
    > grow up and realise that different operating systems can coexist
    > cheerfully and peacefully

    The strange thing is that maybe it is already happening - his recent
    posts seem to have less annoying "Dimdows" crap than usual and even
    have some actual valid discussion topics.

    Combined with David Murray dribbling off on holiday (or wherever he
    is) and impossible finally changing her pad - who knows nz.comp might
    actually become useful again.

    </wishful-thinking>

    Well, we can dream...

    --