Re: What is the Easiest Way to Backup DVDs?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Chris Phillipo, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. In article <Gyp9c.87636$>,
    says...

    > > So your theory is that the promise of lower profits from DVD sales
    > > (and lower overall) will lead to better movies?

    > I guess my theory is that less ripping off by the already rich, fat movie
    > companies is better for the consumers. Now, I GUESS is this would lead to
    > higher sales in turn and thus about the same profits to said rich fat movie
    > companies. If profits do go down, well they owe us in back-payments for all
    > the overpriced disks they sold us in the past (and continue to sell I might
    > add).
    >
    > Jesus, if they'd stop blowing half the movie budget on salaries to overpaid
    > actors, directors and producers, they'd have more left for the actual
    > production. In no way is any acting effort worth $20M for a couple months
    > worth of work, there's just no justification for that kind of excess
    > payments, but now I'm digressing...

    While I agree in principle, the other way to look at it is if a movie
    you stared in made the studio 100 million dollars and you got paid
    $40,000. How pissed would you be, and would you work for that wage a
    second time?

    --
    Remove "X" from email address to reply.

    Chris Phillipo, Apr 5, 2004