Re: What is "network utilization" and why is it so "low"?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pyotr filipivich, <>, whose name means "mature
    hermaphrodite; no get up and go; weirdo", radiated:

    > Greeting and Salutations This is a reoccurring "problem".

    Hello. Goodbye.

    [^UP]Fucking wanker.

    > I'm doing a large download, and Xp's Task Manager informs me that
    > "Network Utilization" is between 18 and 21%

    Since when are you doing a large download?

    > I'm running Win XP Home, with the upgrades, and a dial up account, and
    > according to Task manager, I'm connected at 42 Kbps.

    You most certainly are!

    > Is there a way to tweak this, or am I just stuck with a network
    > utilization of one fifth capacity?

    Just have fun and make sense out of everything.

    > Or, is task manager telling me that 42 Kbps is one fifth of the capacity
    > of the modem, dial up capacity?

    You're just saying things that don't make any sense, like Donald Duck.

    > cheers pyotr.

    Classic invective, as expected from someone who lacks a logical argument.
    pcbutts1, Jul 19, 2005