Re: What is better, Seagate Slim drives or the 3 head models

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Aug 6, 2008.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    Freesias wrote:
    > No meantimebeforefailure rating? Surely that means that rating is not
    > good. Therefore wouldn't you pick the device for which they've published
    > failure data?

    Woger as usual is wrong. MTBFs for all 7200.10 drives is at the below
    link, and is identical for ATA & SATA drives regardless of configuration
    or capacity.

    http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/datasheet/disc/ds_barracuda_7200_10.pdf

    Incidentally the 7200.11 series have a slightly better MTBF and better
    performance.

    EMB, Aug 6, 2008

  2. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
    > Freesias wrote:
    >> No meantimebeforefailure rating? Surely that means that rating is not
    >> good. Therefore wouldn't you pick the device for which they've
    >> published failure data?

    > Woger as usual is wrong. MTBFs for all 7200.10 drives is at the below
    > link, and is identical for ATA & SATA drives regardless of
    > configuration or capacity.
    >
    > http://www.seagate.com/docs/pdf/datasheet/disc/ds_barracuda_7200_10.pdf
    >
    > Incidentally the 7200.11 series have a slightly better MTBF and better
    > performance.

    Aha! There's EMB's posts. And Nics, Jasens and a few others, dating back to
    the 7th, only now showing up.

    I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
    common?

    Good to see you back anyway. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Aug 13, 2008

  3. EMB

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <> wrote:

    > I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
    > common?

    xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
    now though. but I don't know if that's related.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 13, 2008
  4. EMB

    EMB Guest

    Jasen Betts wrote:
    > On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have something in
    >> common?

    > xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
    > now though. but I don't know if that's related.

    It probably is - I kicked the shit out of their helldesk over the
    weekend and then emailed on Monday for them to pass on to the tech guys
    as they appeared unaware of any problem. I've had no acknowledgment but
    the sudden flow of offshore posts makes me think the issue has been
    resolved.

    EMB, Aug 13, 2008
  5. EMB

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "EMB" typed:
    > Jasen Betts wrote:
    >> On 2008-08-13, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know if it's at my end (Actrix) of if you guys have
    >>> something in common?

    >> xnet was having some problems with its international newsfeed. fixed
    >> now though. but I don't know if that's related.

    > It probably is - I kicked the shit out of their helldesk over the
    > weekend and then emailed on Monday for them to pass on to the tech
    > guys as they appeared unaware of any problem. I've had no
    > acknowledgment but the sudden flow of offshore posts makes me think
    > the issue has been resolved.

    Cool. Good to have you guys back. :)
    --
    Shaun.