Re: What is a Domain Name really worth

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Your Name, Oct 30, 2011.

  1. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Allistar
    <> wrote:
    > collector.nz wrote:
    >
    > > I have a name which has outlived its usefulness for me hisandhers.co.nz
    > > so what would it be worth to sell rather than just let it lapse

    > The only way of finding is is putting it on the market to sell it. There
    > really is no rule of thumb for the price of domain names. I've sold domain
    > names for around $5k before, but only because the person who wanted it
    > though that was a fair price.

    Then that person is a selfish greedy scumbag .. the "fair" price is the
    price they paid for it, which should be the same price anyone pays for any
    new domain name from a normal reputable domain name company. The sooner
    people stop paying these idiotic prices to these selfish scum, the sooner
    they'll stop scalping and cybersquating.

    Your Name, Oct 30, 2011

  2. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, Allistar
    <> wrote:

    > Your Name wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>, Allistar
    > > <> wrote:

    > >> The only way of finding is is putting it on the market to sell it. There
    > >> really is no rule of thumb for the price of domain names. I've sold
    > >> domain names for around $5k before, but only because the person who
    > >> wanted it though that was a fair price.

    > > Then that person is a selfish greedy scumbag .. the "fair" price is the
    > > price they paid for it,

    > Of course - so any price they paid was fair because by definition they paid
    > for it.
    >
    > > which should be the same price anyone pays for any
    > > new domain name from a normal reputable domain name company.

    > It depends on the domain. Some domains are obviously worth more to some
    > people than others. So those people pay more for it. By choice, mind you.
    >
    > > The sooner
    > > people stop paying these idiotic prices to these selfish scum, the sooner
    > > they'll stop scalping and cybersquating.

    > How can a price be idiotic if both buyer and seller agreed on it? What is
    > selfish about conducting fair and free trade with agreed upon terms?

    Because obviously if the seller hadn't been greedy enough to buy a domain
    name they didn't actually want, the buyer could have bought it at a
    sensible price from a reputable domain name company. Instead the buyer got
    conned by a greedy scumbag.

    The buyer may well then have to increase the prices of their own goods /
    services to cover the greed of the seller ... which means we'll all end up
    paying for it, and the entire greed cycle continues to revolve and grow
    bigger. :-(

    Your Name, Oct 31, 2011

  3. Your Name

    No-one Guest

    On , , Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:53:06 +1300, Re: What is a Domain Name really worth,
    "geoff" <> wrote:

    >Your Name wrote:
    >> In article <>, Allistar
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> The only way of finding is is putting it on the market to sell it.
    >>> There really is no rule of thumb for the price of domain names. I've
    >>> sold domain names for around $5k before, but only because the person
    >>> who wanted it though that was a fair price.

    >> Then that person is a selfish greedy scumbag .. the "fair" price is
    >> the price they paid for it, which should be the same price anyone
    >> pays for any new domain name from a normal reputable domain name
    >> company. The sooner people stop paying these idiotic prices to these
    >> selfish scum, the sooner they'll stop scalping and cybersquating.

    >Yeah right. You buy an old VW. In a few years they have bcome popular and
    >the value trebles. So you are going to put it on TradeMe with a ByNow of
    >the price you paid ? Tui.

    That isn't the same thing.
    What you are describing is a "windfall", quite different things.

    No-one, Nov 1, 2011
  4. Your Name

    No-one Guest

    On , , Fri, 04 Nov 2011 22:03:09 +1300, Re: What is a Domain Name really worth,
    "collector.nz" <> wrote:

    >On 1/11/2011 6:37 p.m., No-one wrote:
    >> On , , Tue, 1 Nov 2011 08:53:06 +1300, Re: What is a Domain Name really worth,

    >>> Yeah right. You buy an old VW. In a few years they have bcome popular and
    >>> the value trebles. So you are going to put it on TradeMe with a ByNow of
    >>> the price you paid ? Tui.

    >> That isn't the same thing.
    >> What you are describing is a "windfall", quite different things.

    >Get real, the fact that I own this domain is a windfall by what you have
    >accepted above, I had a use for it used it and now dont need it just
    >like a VW

    Whatever.
    After watching the interchanges you have had with other people, I would be
    wasting my time if I continued.

    No-one, Nov 4, 2011
  5. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    In article <4eb3b2b1$>, "collector.nz"
    <> wrote:

    > You would be wasting the worlds resources and everyone elses time if you
    > breed

    Ahhh ... you've just proved you ARE in the selfish greedy scumbag category
    .... not that it was any surprise. No matter what anyone else says, just
    like the rest of greedy "Generation Me" you'll simply do whatever you want
    to do, so it was completely pointless wasting time asking any question in
    here in the first place. :-\

    Another moron to ignore.

    Your Name, Nov 4, 2011
  6. Your Name

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 09:53:56 +1300, (Your Name)
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >In article <4eb3b2b1$>, "collector.nz"
    ><> wrote:
    >>
    >> You would be wasting the worlds resources and everyone elses time if you
    >> breed

    >Ahhh ... you've just proved you ARE in the selfish greedy scumbag category
    >... not that it was any surprise. No matter what anyone else says, just
    >like the rest of greedy "Generation Me" you'll simply do whatever you want
    >to do, so it was completely pointless wasting time asking any question in
    >here in the first place. :-\

    What a tedious, smug, self-righteous bore

    >Another moron to ignore.

    You've taken the words right off of my keyboard.
    ..

    Donchano, Nov 4, 2011