Re: What format war?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Geena Phillips, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. "Hey, I know! Let's make another thread about format wars because they are
    so productive and aren't trolls at all!!!!!!!"

    Aw, c'mon. It wouldn't be Usenet without a hundred threads on the SAME
    GODDAMNED TOPIC. Where's your sense of tradition, fer cryin' out loud? :)

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein
    Geena Phillips, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Geena Phillips

    dvdlibra Guest

    "Geena Phillips" <> wrote in message
    > "Hey, I know! Let's make another thread about format wars because they are
    > so productive and aren't trolls at all!!!!!!!"

    Well, actually... they are productive, because we are discussing the future
    of our beloved dvd. Talking of format wars... Chinese DVD manufacturers are
    about to take on the might of HD-DVD and BluRay with a new format named
    "EVD". The chinese see this format as the successor to ordinary dvd and
    hence avoid paying any of the royalties to rival companies.
    thanks, dvdlibrary.
    dvdlibra, Jan 25, 2007