Re: What film body to pair with a D100

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Randy Howard, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Randy Howard

    Randy Howard Guest

    In article <Xns93B3EABC2EB0Bxyzzyxyzzy@64.154.60.178>,
    says...
    > "Tom Scales" <> wrote let it be known in
    >
    > > I'm about to make the D100 plunge, but am new to Nikon. I'd
    > > like a film body to share the lenses. Don't want to spend
    > > lots of money, so I'll probably buy a used one, but know
    > > nothing about their bodies.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    > From what I've read, the D100 is based on the N80 body. So if
    > you want a film camera that has basically the same 'feel' and
    > control layout, I would look at that model.

    If you want a Nikon film body that has fast AF and a shutter that
    doesn't sound like the doors opening on the old Star Trek, get
    something OTHER than the N80. I have one, in addition to an F5,
    and the N80 is not enjoyable once you're used to actual fast
    focusing on another camera. Go for a used F100 instead.

    --
    Randy Howard
    remove the obvious bits from my address to reply.

    Randy Howard, Jul 11, 2003