Re: What does this green blob mean?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > See attachment.
    >
    > I get this green blob image at various times.
    >
    > What does it mean?
    >
    > Is there a common thread to all these occurrences?
    >
    > -Dick Stouffer

    Where and when are you seeing it?
    Its the default extension icon in Firefox. I see it when I open the
    Extension Manager (Tools>>Extensions) for any extension that does not
    have its own icon.

    I also see it just to the left of the throbber when there are extensions
    that have updates. Clicking it gets the updates.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 10, 2004

  2. "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    | Dick Stouffer wrote:
    | > See attachment.
    | >
    | > I get this green blob image at various times.
    | >
    | > What does it mean?
    | >
    | > Is there a common thread to all these occurrences?
    | >
    | > -Dick Stouffer
    | >

    | > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | >

    | Where and when are you seeing it?
    | Its the default extension icon in Firefox. I see it when I open the
    | Extension Manager (Tools>>Extensions) for any extension that does not
    | have its own icon.
    |
    | I also see it just to the left of the throbber when there are extensions
    | that have updates. Clicking it gets the updates.
    |
    | Lee

    What's the "throbber," Lee?

    Yes, I see it when I don't have a needed extension, although so far after
    clicking on it, a message comes back saying there is no plugin available.

    And, I still get it when I load one of my own web pages from my web host.

    Fortunately, IE and Firefox seem not to conflict with one another, so I keep
    them both active. IE has no problem with my host's Java Applet counter -and- IE
    keeps its bookmarks (favorites) nicely sorted, a significant FF irritation.

    Dick S

    Dick Stouffer, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    > | Dick Stouffer wrote:
    > | > See attachment.
    > | >
    > | > I get this green blob image at various times.
    > | >
    > | > What does it mean?
    > | >
    > | > Is there a common thread to all these occurrences?
    > | >
    > | > -Dick Stouffer
    > | >

    > | > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > | >

    > | Where and when are you seeing it?
    > | Its the default extension icon in Firefox. I see it when I open the
    > | Extension Manager (Tools>>Extensions) for any extension that does not
    > | have its own icon.
    > |
    > | I also see it just to the left of the throbber when there are extensions
    > | that have updates. Clicking it gets the updates.
    > |
    > | Lee
    >
    > What's the "throbber," Lee?
    >
    > Yes, I see it when I don't have a needed extension, although so far after
    > clicking on it, a message comes back saying there is no plugin available.
    >
    > And, I still get it when I load one of my own web pages from my web host.
    >
    > Fortunately, IE and Firefox seem not to conflict with one another, so I keep
    > them both active. IE has no problem with my host's Java Applet counter -and- IE
    > keeps its bookmarks (favorites) nicely sorted, a significant FF irritation.
    >
    > Dick S

    The throbber is the icon to the extreme right, right inder the close
    box, which "throbs" while the browser is working, looking for a web
    page, etc. Its appearance can vary with theme selection.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 11, 2004