Re: what do I need to start a digital photo printing business?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark M, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Mark M

    Mark M Guest

    "Peter Wang" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm planing to start a digital photo printing business. The business
    > model is quite simple: get media (through cd, flash card, web etc)
    > from customers, and print them onto photo papers. The printings will
    > be mailed to customers or they can collect themselves

    At the cost of sounding harsh...
    ....Forget it.

    You will not make money this way.
    Competition is too strong (Well-established, mass-market, high-quality
    machines available all over)...costs are too high for you (both time and
    money)...and your visibility is zero (who would send their stuff to a
    no-name, inexperienced private party??).

    I don't mean to be harsh with you, but sometimes it's worth it to save
    someone from a lot of lost money and hassle.

    Mark M, Aug 18, 2003