  1. JK

    JK Guest

    What types of photos do you want to take? If you want to take photos
    indoors without a flash or tripod, then get a camera with a very fast lens,
    such as an Olympus C5050, Canon G3, G4, or G5, or a Sony f717.
    What is your budget?

    JK, Jul 20, 2003

  2. JK

    Andrew Guest

    JK <> wrote:
    > What types of photos do you want to take? If you want to take photos
    > indoors without a flash or tripod, then get a camera with a very fast lens,
    > such as an Olympus C5050, Canon G3, G4, or G5, or a Sony f717.
    > What is your budget?

    David Manning gave the G4 a poor review--I'd avoid it.

    Andrew

    Andrew, Jul 20, 2003

  3. I had a G2 it is a high spec good quality camera with plenty to accommodate
    the advanced photographic user.

    However, it is fairly large. I wanted a smaller camera and switched to the
    S50. My only regret is the slower lens, apart from that the photo
    quality/sharpness is much better. It has most other features of the G2 +
    more. Whats more its 5 MP.

    Like the renault ad if size doesn't matter then go for the G3 or G5 (if you
    want 5MP) else the S50 is my recommendation.

    Regards

    AB

    Alan Buttivant, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Why not check out the reviews. www.dpreview.com is a highly
    respected site. I just bought the V1 and love it.

    Lawrie

    Lawrie Silverberg, Jul 20, 2003
  5. JK

    JK Guest