Re: What am I doing wrong with AdAware?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, Jun 21, 2003.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    "MaryL" <> wrote in message
    > I just uninstalled the older version of AdAware (I think it was v. 5.83)

    and
    > downoaded and installed v.6. Now I am missing features (such as the icon

    on
    > the taskbar that showed attempts to access my hard disk).

    I never had those features on the Free version of AdAware

    >Most of the
    > functions are grayed-out and inaccessible. Of great importance: now I am
    > getting lots of pop-up ads, which the older version prevented.

    Neve had that one either.

    > Am I doing something wrong? Or are most of the functions now available

    only

    Buffalo, Jun 21, 2003

  2. "Quit the smart-ass comments" they said, so I forgot all about doing an
    intro and listened as Buffalo said

    > "MaryL" <> wrote in message
    >> I just uninstalled the older version of AdAware (I think it was v.
    >> 5.83) and downoaded and installed v.6. Now I am missing features
    >> (such as the icon on the taskbar that showed attempts to access my
    >> hard disk).

    > I never had those features on the Free version of AdAware
    >

    > >Most of the
    >> functions are grayed-out and inaccessible. Of great importance:
    >> now I am getting lots of pop-up ads, which the older version
    >> prevented.

    > Neve had that one either.

    Nor me. Dunno what this is about really ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    He who doth Slump a lot, Jun 21, 2003