Re: What 14 years can do to a man

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Soapy, Oct 4, 2004.

  1. Soapy

    Soapy Guest

    Russell B <> wrote in

    > Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    > just a rat in a cage:
    >
    >>Russell B <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    >>> just a rat in a cage:

    >>> FU. I'm a busy guy. Take it or leave it.

    >>Is the stress from trying to pull off new shtick making you all
    >>snippy?

    > NO MORE QUESTIONS.

    Are you all pissy because the last won failed miserably?

    --
    __ __ __ __ O O O
    / / | / | / | / | O o o

    Soapy, Oct 4, 2004

  2. Soapy

    Russell B Guest

    Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still just a rat
    in a cage:

    >Russell B <> wrote in
    >
    >> Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    >> just a rat in a cage:
    >>
    >>>Russell B <> wrote in

    >>>Is the stress from trying to pull off new shtick making you all
    >>>snippy?

    >> NO MORE QUESTIONS.

    >Are you all pissy because the last won failed miserably?

    Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread. It's
    possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect, perhaps I should have
    devoted more resources to the thread, and done more "post-thread" planning.
    But I still maintain that my reasons for launching that thread were good
    ones, and I firmly believe that the only option now is to stay the course
    and finish the mission, at whatever cost. This is no time for criticism or
    second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and pessimistic comments make me
    question your loyalty to atr-w.

    Russell B, Oct 4, 2004

  3. Soapy

    TB Guest

    "Russell B" wrote:

    (snip)

    > Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread. It's
    > possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect, perhaps I should

    have
    > devoted more resources to the thread, and done more "post-thread"

    planning.
    > But I still maintain that my reasons for launching that thread were good
    > ones, and I firmly believe that the only option now is to stay the course
    > and finish the mission, at whatever cost. This is no time for criticism

    or
    > second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and pessimistic comments make me
    > question your loyalty to atr-w.

    Do you guys have an official name for your strange cult?

    T.B.

    TB, Oct 4, 2004
  4. Soapy

    Soapy Guest

    Russell B <> wrote in

    > Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    > just a rat in a cage:
    >
    >>Russell B <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    >>> just a rat in a cage:

    >>> NO MORE QUESTIONS.

    >>Are you all pissy because the last won failed miserably?

    > Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread.
    > It's possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect,
    > perhaps I should have devoted more resources to the thread, and
    > done more "post-thread" planning. But I still maintain that my
    > reasons for launching that thread were good ones, and I firmly
    > believe that the only option now is to stay the course and finish
    > the mission, at whatever cost. This is no time for criticism or
    > second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and pessimistic comments
    > make me question your loyalty to atr-w.

    It was the wrong thread, in the wrong newsgroup, at the wrong time.

    --
    __ __ __ __ O O O
    / / | / | / | / | O o o

    Soapy, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Soapy

    Soapy Guest

    "TB" <> wrote in

    > "Russell B" wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    >> Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread.
    >> It's possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect,
    >> perhaps I should

    > have
    >> devoted more resources to the thread, and done more "post-thread"

    > planning.
    >> But I still maintain that my reasons for launching that thread
    >> were good ones, and I firmly believe that the only option now is
    >> to stay the course and finish the mission, at whatever cost.
    >> This is no time for criticism

    > or
    >> second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and pessimistic comments
    >> make me question your loyalty to atr-w.

    > Do you guys have an official name for your strange cult?
    >
    > T.B.

    ATRW. Pay attention.

    --
    __ __ __ __ O O O
    / / | / | / | / | O o o

    Soapy, Oct 4, 2004
  6. Soapy

    Russell B Guest

    Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still just a rat
    in a cage:

    >Russell B <> wrote in
    >
    >> Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    >> just a rat in a cage:
    >>
    >>>Russell B <> wrote in

    >>>Are you all pissy because the last won failed miserably?

    >> Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread.
    >> It's possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect,
    >> perhaps I should have devoted more resources to the thread, and
    >> done more "post-thread" planning. But I still maintain that my
    >> reasons for launching that thread were good ones, and I firmly
    >> believe that the only option now is to stay the course and finish
    >> the mission, at whatever cost. This is no time for criticism or
    >> second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and pessimistic comments
    >> make me question your loyalty to atr-w.
    >>

    >It was the wrong thread, in the wrong newsgroup, at the wrong time.

    Nonsense. I had good intel, Soapy. Good intel. And either way, we have no
    choice now but to charge on, boldly, confidently--blindly, if you
    will--regardless of the consequences. Your protests--no, let me finish!--
    only serve to demoralize our brave posters over in alt.movies.

    Russell B, Oct 4, 2004
  7. Soapy

    Soapy Guest

    Russell B <> wrote in

    > Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    > just a rat in a cage:
    >
    >>Russell B <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Despite all his or her rage, Soapy <> is still
    >>> just a rat in a cage:

    >>> Sure, things haven't gone as well as I planned in that thread.
    >>> It's possible that some mistakes were made. In retrospect,
    >>> perhaps I should have devoted more resources to the thread, and
    >>> done more "post-thread" planning. But I still maintain that my
    >>> reasons for launching that thread were good ones, and I firmly
    >>> believe that the only option now is to stay the course and
    >>> finish the mission, at whatever cost. This is no time for
    >>> criticism or second-guessing. Frankly, your divisive and
    >>> pessimistic comments make me question your loyalty to atr-w.
    >>>

    >>It was the wrong thread, in the wrong newsgroup, at the wrong
    >>time.

    > Nonsense. I had good intel, Soapy. Good intel. And either way,
    > we have no choice now but to charge on, boldly,
    > confidently--blindly, if you will--regardless of the consequences.
    > Your protests--no, let me finish!-- only serve to demoralize our
    > brave posters over in alt.movies.

    Well, I think that's wrong, and I think we can do better.

    I know I can do a better job in this thread. I have a plan to have a
    summit with all of the involved newsgroups, something you have not yet
    achieved, you've not yet been able to bring posters to the table.

    We can do a better job of training the newsgroup regulars to answer the
    "call and response" threads in the correct manner, and I know that we
    can do a better job of preparing such threads.

    --

    Soapy, Oct 5, 2004