Re: Western (iso-8859-1) and Unicode (utf-8)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by catchme, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. catchme

    catchme Guest

    gregvk wrote:

    > Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
    > - Trying not to crash
    > - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
    > - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
    > - Looking pretty

    i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860
    catchme, Apr 27, 2008

  2. catchme

    AqD Guest

    On Apr 27, 9:12 pm, catchme <> wrote:
    > gregvk wrote:
    > > Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
    > > - Trying not to crash
    > > - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
    > > - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
    > > - Looking pretty

    > i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

    Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....
    AqD, Apr 27, 2008

  3. catchme

    Dr. Bill Guest

    "AqD" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Apr 27, 9:12 pm, catchme <> wrote:
    >> gregvk wrote:
    >> > Doesn't apply to Windows, where the basic foundational functions are:
    >> > - Trying not to crash
    >> > - Phoning home to Bill to tell him what you're up to
    >> > - Making your shiny new overclocked XPS 720 HPC run like an old 386
    >> > - Looking pretty

    >> i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

    > Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....

    Dude, I've never seen something "pretty" when I looked at a normal linux,
    mac or vista desktop.
    Only lah-de-dah p00fters have pretty looking desktops!
    --
    Please state the nature of the medical emergency?
    Dr. Bill's ©, Usenet Medical Services ®, First Aid Team [tm].
    Dr. Bill, Apr 27, 2008
  4. catchme

    AqD Guest

    On Apr 27, 10:28 pm, "Dr. Bill" <> wrote:
    > "AqD" <> schreef in berichtnews:...

    > >> i would question the "looking pretty" bit...

    > > Vista looks pretty for people who have never seen linux or mac....

    > Dude, I've never seen something "pretty" when I looked at a normal linux,
    > mac or vista desktop.

    Because you're stupid and have no sense of beauty. You are a monkey!

    AqD, Apr 27, 2008