Re: Well, it tickled my funny bone.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 26, 2009.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > Steve wrote:
    >>
    >> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Agnostic

    > Well I may be able to come up with an even better one.
    >
    > First off, though I am not an agnostic...I'd hardly be considered a
    > religious person by any means.
    >
    > A few years back, someone I knew ask me to attend a meeting of the "Free
    > Thinkers"
    >
    > I had never heard of it...but "free thinkers" sounded pretty good to me.
    >
    > Well, it turned out that it was a group of atheists...
    > well that's there right I guess...though it was hardly the type of
    > meeting I had expected...
    > but then things really got odd, when it turned out they were gathered to
    > *study the bible* ...
    > so they could better refute it.
    >
    > These guys knew the bible considerably better than I ever knew.
    >
    > Sheesh...the first break they had I was out of there!

    So not only were they not Agnostics, but they didn't think any other
    religon had it wrong? Not very complete thinking at all. They *may*
    have also been Pentecostals trying to trap "heathens" too. In which
    case you're lucky you got out with your life.<g>

    Lots of nastier possibilities too BTW.

    Contrary to the nonsence I frequently hear from south of the border, an
    agnostic is *not* an atheist, nor is the reverse true.

    BTW you *do* know that this is just another sock puppet of Tony's right?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 26, 2009

  2. "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > philo <> wrote in
    >
    >> Steve wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Agnostic

    >> Well I may be able to come up with an even better one.
    >>
    >> First off, though I am not an agnostic...I'd hardly be considered a
    >> religious person by any means.
    >>
    >> A few years back, someone I knew ask me to attend a meeting of the "Free
    >> Thinkers"
    >>
    >> I had never heard of it...but "free thinkers" sounded pretty good to me.
    >>
    >> Well, it turned out that it was a group of atheists...
    >> well that's there right I guess...though it was hardly the type of
    >> meeting I had expected...
    >> but then things really got odd, when it turned out they were gathered to
    >> *study the bible* ...
    >> so they could better refute it.
    >>
    >> These guys knew the bible considerably better than I ever knew.
    >>
    >> Sheesh...the first break they had I was out of there!

    > So not only were they not Agnostics, but they didn't think any other
    > religon had it wrong? Not very complete thinking at all. They *may*
    > have also been Pentecostals trying to trap "heathens" too. In which
    > case you're lucky you got out with your life.<g>
    >
    > Lots of nastier possibilities too BTW.
    >
    > Contrary to the nonsence I frequently hear from south of the border, an
    > agnostic is *not* an atheist, nor is the reverse true.
    >
    > BTW you *do* know that this is just another sock puppet of Tony's right?
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    I've seen your name around usenet and from what i gather your advice has
    loused up more computers than dell or compaq sells combined.

    Baron Von Raske, Oct 27, 2009

  3. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "Baron Von Raske" <> wrote in

    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> philo <> wrote in

    >> BTW you *do* know that this is just another sock puppet of Tony's
    >> right?
    >>

    > I've seen your name around usenet and from what i gather your advice has
    > loused up more computers than dell or compaq sells combined.

    Riight. And the stupidity of your nicks gets more and more Steveo.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2009