Re: Weird problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Ronnie Broyles, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. mine did the same thing--I rewrked the paging ile and it appears to have
    fixed it. Go to Control Panel\system\advanced in the Performace section of
    ADVANCED click the settings button then choose ADVANCE again look for the
    section titled Virtuual Memory and click CHANGE. Look at the radio buttons
    and choose "system managed size" and then click the SET button and reboot.
    This is how I fixed mine. And it appears to have done the job.

    hth

    Ronnie Broyles, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Ronnie Broyles

    Kevin Kelly Guest

    Thanks for that.
    Tried them, halfway through installing SP1, decided to reboot. Cant get into
    windows at all now. Blasted HDD, install process is a nightmare,
    BSOD-"Probelm caused by ACPI.SYS, Page fault in non paged area, unable to
    copy XXXXX.dll etc etc, the list goes on. I'm just wondering if this can all
    be down to bad memory, or a video card problem, i say the latter because
    during boot to get to boot order you have to press F11 and the screen
    flickers like mad, and the screen res isnt that good till you load the
    driver which i did the first time i loaded XP, then as i said i staretd
    getting the original problem. Thanks everyone,
    Kevin

    Kevin Kelly, Jul 24, 2003