Re: Webroot Spy Sweeper Problems:

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by x@y, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. x@y

    x@y Guest

    "x@y" <> wrote in message
    ..

    > Hello to Everyone,
    >
    > I am running Windows XP pro, OE6, & IE.
    >
    > I have upgraded Spy Sweeper in Oct. Version 5.0.7 (build 1608),
    > and in Nov. with Version 5.2.3 (build 2125).
    >
    > Since I am getting split Glitches every 5 minutes,
    > they only last for about half a sec., or less hard to estimate,
    > the mouse cursor will show the hourglass at the same time.
    >
    > I have disabled Spy Sweeper, and the Glitches does not happen.
    > Booted in Safe mode, and it is also Glitch free.
    >
    > "No activities are showing on the Task Manager's List"
    >
    > Last Night tried to Contact Webroot Support, and could not get
    > a connection for Home & Office Support. Only the Enterprises
    > Line was open. I am a Home & Office User.
    > When logging to Webroot Website Internet Explorer
    > was giving me the "Stack Overflow at Line 0"

    > Is anyone else having similar trouble?
    > Any Advise for a fix will be appreciated.
    > Thanks x@y

    I guess I am the only one on this Galaxy using Webroot
    Spy Sweeper, it is time for me to look to another Product,

    Thanks x@y

    x@y, Nov 15, 2006

  2. x@y

    Gonzo Henson Guest

    You're not the only one running Spy Sweeper, but I haven't had the
    problems with it that you describe. Then again, I try to avoid using
    IE as much as possible and favour Opera 9.01 for most of my browsing.
    However, I doubt that has anything to do with the price of beans.

    Are you using Windows Firewall, a hardware firewall, or something else?

    GH

    Gonzo Henson, Nov 27, 2006

  3. x@y

    Gonzo Henson Guest

    Oh, hang on. I'm not using build 2125 yet. I guess I'm going to be no
    help to you whatsoever then.

    Sorry.

    Gonzo Henson, Nov 27, 2006
  4. x@y

    x@y Guest

    Hello Gonzo,

    Thank You very much for Your reply.

    Webroot Support Team helped me solve my Problem
    by giving me a Website to re-download Spy Sweeper.

    I have installed the new Version 5.2.3.2125, and no more
    glitches.

    If You do not have any similar problems then,
    like they say: Isn't broke don't fix it.

    Yes I am using Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall,
    and Avast Paid Version Antivirus Program.

    If I wouldn't have this Post marked "Watch"
    I would have missed Your Reply.

    Thanks Again, x@y

    x@y, Nov 27, 2006