Re: webex webcam conferening , free alternatives ? ideas ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Nov 26, 2010.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Information" <> wrote:

    >Needing a software - FREE PLEASE - for a group of
    >hobbyist to "conference" via webcams
    >Only around 50 people likely only ever 5/6 or so
    >online at same time
    >
    >WEBEX is Ideal , perfect solution from reading up on it
    >but need a FREE solution
    >
    >Any ideas guys ?

    I think the newest version of Skype has that capability. I don't know if it's
    released yet, I read about it on a tech blog.

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo
    G. Morgan, Nov 26, 2010

  2. G. Morgan

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 20:52:18 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:

    > "Information" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Needing a software - FREE PLEASE - for a group of
    >>hobbyist to "conference" via webcams
    >>Only around 50 people likely only ever 5/6 or so
    >>online at same time
    >>
    >>WEBEX is Ideal , perfect solution from reading up on it
    >>but need a FREE solution
    >>
    >>Any ideas guys ?

    > I think the newest version of Skype has that capability. I don't know if it's
    > released yet, I read about it on a tech blog.

    You're correct:
    http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/conference-calls/
    --
    11/25/2010 9:29:01 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo38, Nov 26, 2010

  3. G. Morgan

    M.L. Guest

    >>>Needing a software - FREE PLEASE - for a group of
    >>>hobbyist to "conference" via webcams
    >>>Only around 50 people likely only ever 5/6 or so
    >>>online at same time
    >>>
    >>>WEBEX is Ideal , perfect solution from reading up on it
    >>>but need a FREE solution
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas guys ?

    >> I think the newest version of Skype has that capability. I don't know if it's
    >> released yet, I read about it on a tech blog.

    >You're correct:
    >http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/conference-calls/

    Audio conference calling is free but the group video calling is
    offered only as a free 28-day trial.
    M.L., Nov 26, 2010
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    M.L. <> wrote:

    >>> I think the newest version of Skype has that capability. I don't know if it's
    >>> released yet, I read about it on a tech blog.

    >>You're correct:
    >>http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/features/allfeatures/conference-calls/

    >Audio conference calling is free but the group video calling is
    >offered only as a free 28-day trial.

    Feh....

    The OP may want to try this next link, or open his wallet.
    http://video-chat-im-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

    G. Morgan, Nov 26, 2010
  5. G. Morgan

    vrsioffice

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    GoLiveRoom

    Try Go Live Room. It is a free service. No software to install. Easy to initiate meeting.

    The website is found at: goliveroom . com (Sorry I do not have 50 posts, so I can not post an actual URL.)
    vrsioffice, Dec 15, 2010