Re: Web site auto-update

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Rom, Jun 10, 2009.

  1. Rom

    Rom Guest

    On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:21:30 -0400, Bishoop wrote:

    > Firefox v 3.0.10.
    >
    > For some reason now when I open a web site that auto-updates it's contents a
    > drop down appears that I must click "Allow" for it to update. After the
    > update it has to be clicked. It used to auto-update without my
    > intervention. This does not happen on all web site.

    UNcheck this setting:
    Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    --Accessibility--
    [ ] Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page

    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Advanced+panel#Accessibility>
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.blockautorefresh>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Jun 10, 2009

  2. Rom

    Justin Guest

    Bishoop wrote on [Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:53:49 -0400]:

    > "Rom" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 18:21:30 -0400, Bishoop wrote:
    >>
    >>> Firefox v 3.0.10.
    >>>
    >>> For some reason now when I open a web site that auto-updates it's
    >>> contents a
    >>> drop down appears that I must click "Allow" for it to update. After the
    >>> update it has to be clicked. It used to auto-update without my
    >>> intervention. This does not happen on all web site.

    >> UNcheck this setting:
    >> Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    >> --Accessibility--
    >> [ ] Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page
    >>
    >> <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Options+window+-+Advanced+panel#Accessibility>
    >> <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.blockautorefresh>
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rom

    > Thanks. I surely never checked it, wonder how it happened.
    >
    > At any rate, everything is the way it was.

    The way it was, or the way you want it to be?
    I.e. is the problem resolved?
    Justin, Jun 10, 2009