Re: weather too cold for MX440?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gene, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Gene

    Gene Guest

    <snip>
    > I remember reading somewhere that some gforce cards had issues with
    > differing temperatures, and were being replaced under warranty. Can't
    > remember anymore details.

    Gainward's Geforce4 Ti's had problems with a bad batch of capacitors on it
    if I recall. Would crash with heavy graphics untill it warmed up a little.
    My Geforce4 Ti4200 was replaced for this reason and works fine now.

    Gene, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Gene

    Gary Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:04:59 +1200, "Gene" <evisser((at))clear.co.nz>
    wrote:

    ><snip>
    >> I remember reading somewhere that some gforce cards had issues with
    >> differing temperatures, and were being replaced under warranty. Can't
    >> remember anymore details.
    >>

    >Gainward's Geforce4 Ti's had problems with a bad batch of capacitors on it
    >if I recall. Would crash with heavy graphics untill it warmed up a little.
    >My Geforce4 Ti4200 was replaced for this reason and works fine now.

    Thats the one:)

    Gary, Jul 23, 2003