Re: WARNING

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DFM, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. DFM

    DFM Guest

    DFM, Jul 27, 2003

  2. DFM

    Guest Guest

    Probably a reference to a tornado ie . "Don't get sucked in!!"

    Thats my guess anyhow!!!!

    Guest, Jul 27, 2003

  3. DFM

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:58:43 -0500, Jim Townsend <>
    wrote:
    >Must be something fishy if the bid is only $130 with one day remaining...

    Nope. That's very common. It would be normal for the bidding to be
    $130 on a $1300 item one hour before the bid closes...even 10 minutes
    before the close. I've sold many items with no bids at all up to the
    last few minutes and had the closing price to be in the hundreds.
    People don't like to tip their hand when bidding.

    eBay uses a proxy system where the bidder's price is only an amount
    high enough to beat the last bid. The bidder that places a bid that
    is winning right now at $130 may have a max bid in place for $1350.
    The bid that shows is only the bid that is high enough to beat the
    other bids. An eBay Buyer never pays more than is necessary to beat
    the last bid no matter how high his max bid is.

    --
    Tony Cooper aka:
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s
    Tony Cooper, Jul 27, 2003