    wrong title was used for a pressing).

    Once I find out what happens, I'll post it here.

    John

    JohnW248, Oct 7, 2003

  2. JohnW248

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "JohnW248" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    Regarding the new _Cabaret_ box which claims that the disk is
    enhanced for widescreen TVs, but it actually is not:

    <<Yesterday I called Warner Home Video in Burbank and spoke to a rep
    that handles complaints. I have now mailed back the DVD to her and she
    said she will look into the problem.>>

    <<Warners did make a new transfer, it wasn't on my pressing and it might
    be the wrong master was used for the run (stranger things have happened
    where the wrong title was used for a pressing).>>

    <<Once I find out what happens, I'll post it here. John>>

    You mailed your DVD back to the Warner rep and she will look into the
    problem? I don't want to make fun of your situation, but this is getting
    bizarre

    I wish you luck in finding the elusive 16x9 _Cabaret_. It doesn't look
    as thought you're not going to find it any time soon:

    Cabaret, August 19, 2003
    "Reviewer: Aaron Schneiderman from Phoenix, AZ
    The 2003 DVD re-release of Cabaret is just a re-packaging of the
    original DVD. Though the new package details state that it is "enhanced
    for 16 x 9," this DVD is a non-anamorphic, matted widescreen
    presentation. So if you were thinking of trading up to this new edition
    of Cabaret for your new widescreen TV, hold on to your money. I was not
    so fortunate. I now have two copies of Cabaret with lousy transfers.
    Whats up with Warner? They screwed up the release of Giant also. This
    film is a classic and deserves better treatment."

    5-star movie, 0-star DVD transfer, August 31, 2003
    Reviewer: A viewer from San Francisco, CA USA
    What a huge disappointment this 2003 DVD reissue is. It's in
    non-anamorphic widescreen, which basically means that the letterbox bars
    are part of the image signal. HDTV owners with 16:9 sets will be most
    affected, but anyone who plan on upgrading to HDTV anytime in the future
    should avoid making this DVD a part of their permanent library. People
    with newer-model, higher-end standard definition TV's will also be
    negatively impacted. Why did Warners go to all the trouble of reissuing
    this classic without doing a better job?

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...-5455594-8905420?v=glance&vi=customer-reviews

    Scot Gardner, Oct 9, 2003