Re: Want to be prompted for wpa-psk network key

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 18, 2007.

  1. "Phurst" <> wrote in message
    >I want to be prompted for my network key, but it shows up automatically.
    > Trying to restrict teenagers access to internet. Maybe I'm overlooking an
    > easier method but I don't want her on the internet unless I log her on and
    > don't want to be overly taxed when I want to get on.

    Personally I think it would be easier to setup a limited account with a
    password for her *AND* use parental control software to govern when she can
    log on to the PC, when she can access the internet and what sites she can
    visit.

    Some ISPs provide parental control software for there customers for free.
    Mine does. Check with yours. Otherwise see these links for possible choices.

    As an FYI note that Vista has that functionality (ie. parental controls)
    built in...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 18, 2007

  2. Hi
    I think that Al provided you with the right solution.
    Wireless security like WPA is a local encryption of the Wireless signal to
    secure the content of the transmission, it is not a user log on server.
    Once it is configured (as it should) between the Wireless Router/Access
    Point and the client computer there is no Log On.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 18, 2007