    It was released in April of last year along with several other Bob Hope features
    I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C. Fields"
    but - who knows?

    Film Buff, Nov 13, 2004

  2. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Film Buff wrote:

    > Universal has already released this in the "Bob Hope Comedy Collection" as a Double Feature set.
    > "Big Broadcast of 1938" and "College Swing"
    > It was released in April of last year along with several other Bob Hope features
    > I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C. Fields"
    > but - who knows?

    Well, that's what I was suggesting, that they *would* go and do something
    like include BBo1938 on another Fields collection, since there's already a
    digital master of it, considering they've included The Bank Dick on Vol. 1
    it wouldn't surprise me. I mean, how many times do I have to buy The
    Invisible Man?

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Film Buff

    AAbrams0264 Guest

    << I doubt seriously if they would release it again in the Vol. 2 of "W.C.
    Fields" >>

    Will there be a Vol. 2 (he asked hopefully)?

    AAbrams0264, Nov 17, 2004
  4. Film Buff

    vidrare Guest

    Un-fortunately, the relatives of W.C. are the ones holding up release of
    further volumes. When they give the o.k. it will happen. JF>

    vidrare, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Film Buff

    Bill Coleman Guest

    Re: Re" "W.C. Fields Comedy Collection" - "Big Broadcast of 1938"already released

    Really? And what's your source for this information?

    Bill Coleman

    ==============================

    Bill Coleman, Nov 18, 2004
  6. On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:20:22 -0500, Bill Coleman
    <> wrote:

    >Really? And what's your source for this information?

    The Harold lloyd estate was holding up release of Lloyd films, a
    matter recently settled. I don't believe there's any problem with the
    Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

    steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Nov 19, 2004
  7. Film Buff

    JimReid56 Guest

    Re: Re" "W.C. Fields Comedy Collection" - "Big Broadcast of 1938"

    >> I don't believe there's any problem with the
    >> Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

    >Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and "Never...", the
    >Universal films owned by Universal.

    "Flying Trapeze" is also Paramount.

    JimReid56, Nov 19, 2004
  8. Re: Re" "W.C. Fields Comedy Collection" - "Big Broadcast of 1938"already released

    Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:

    >>Really? And what's your source for this information?

    > The Harold lloyd estate was holding up release of Lloyd films, a
    > matter recently settled.

    Sony, in point of fact.
    (Except for "Grandma's Boy", already out on Kino.)

    > I don't believe there's any problem with the
    > Paramount films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

    Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and "Never...", the
    Universal films owned by Universal.

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Nov 19, 2004
  9. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    >
    >> I don't believe there's any problem with the Paramount
    >> films of W.C. Fields, which are owned by Universal.

    > Or, in the case of "Bank Dick", "Flying Trapeze" and
    > "Never...", the Universal films owned by Universal.

    YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN, MY LITTLE CHICKADEE, THE BANK
    DICK, and NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK are the only
    Universal films WCF did. All of the others (well, at least
    all of the others owned by Universal) were done at Paramount.

    And Warner holds the rights to three WCF features: JANICE
    MEREDITH (MGM, 1924), HER MAJESTY, LOVE (Warner, 1931),
    and DAVID COPPERFIELD (MGM, 1935).

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 19, 2004