    been great but if another carrier comes out with this service for the
    same price I will probably switch.

    , Jan 28, 2005

  2. HubSwitch Guest

    1st things first

    1: ALWAYS ASK who you are speaking to when you first make the call(or get a
    number if they wont give their name)
    2: KEEP CALM
    3: BE DIPLOMATIC

    or

    1: NEVER ASK who you are speaking to
    2: LOOSE YOUR TEMPER
    3: DONT BUDGE AN INCH

    Which flovor would you use?
    Making a note of the time the call was made can but not always catch out
    opperatives which are not suited to their jobs. However keeping to the first
    list IS THE BEST POLICY in ANY case......

    Have fun
    HubSwitch

    HubSwitch, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Sekhar Guest

    I was using Vonage for the past 18 months and now switched to
    BroadVoice now - since 2 months.

    Few +ves I found with BV:

    1. Better Plans - now I can call several countries for FREE
    2. Much more advanced features like "Selective Forwarding, Multiple
    Greetings, Scheduled Transfers, Do Not Disturb" and much more.
    3. With BYOD plan, you can configure your ATA/SPA or any other VOIP
    device for multiple service providers unlike Vonage.
    4. The CSRs are much more knowledgable than the ones at Vonage (but
    takes longer to get one on line)
    5. Attractive additional phone number charges
    6. You get a SIP URL (for your phone line) to give your friends to call
    you for free through Internet! What a great feature!
    7. The peering with FWD works like a champ! Vonage stopped this peering
    support recently.

    The only negative I found with BV is:

    The WAIT... WAIT... WAIT and the WAIT to get a CSR on the phone...
    Otherwise BroadVoice overtakes Vonage!!

    Sekhar.

    Sekhar, Jan 29, 2005
  4. p Guest

    In article ID <>,
    "Sekhar" <> writes:

    >The WAIT... WAIT... WAIT and the WAIT to get a CSR on the phone...
    >Otherwise BroadVoice overtakes Vonage!!

    The other negative is no LNP or E911 at BV, yet Vonage offers both.

    p, Jan 30, 2005