    So, despite your screaming headline, your problem had nothing to do
    with Voipfone.

    Can you think of any reason they shouldn't sue you?

    cjd, Oct 8, 2008

  2. cjd

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 23:01:43 +0100, "" <> wrote:

    >> Can you think of any reason they shouldn't sue you?

    >Because it would be a waste of time?
    >
    >What the OP said was fair comment that he believed to be true and and he
    >corrected himself in minutes. In any event a reasonable reader would
    >treat a posting on a news group with caution. Their damages are likely
    >to be negligible, if any, and there was no malice.

    But for such a blanket statement he didn't say 'sorry' afterwards,
    just deflected the blame to hardware with which various people seem to
    be having trouble (and quite possibly why Voipfone might be cool
    towards the product, if that is indeed the case).

    The fact that he corrected himself in under 20 minutes also suggested
    his diagnosis was far from complete/thorough.

    Mark, Oct 10, 2008

  3. cjd

    Mark Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:38:29 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Mark wrote:
    >
    >> But for such a blanket statement he didn't say 'sorry' afterwards,
    >> just deflected the blame to hardware with which various people seem to
    >> be having trouble (and quite possibly why Voipfone might be cool
    >> towards the product, if that is indeed the case).

    >Duh.
    >You'll notice in most of my recommendations I sing the praise of
    >voipfone, do they say "thanks" everytime?
    >
    >> The fact that he corrected himself in under 20 minutes also suggested
    >> his diagnosis was far from complete/thorough.

    >No-one came back to say "no, mine is not down" which would usually
    >happen within a few minutes of such a post.

    Sometimes, yes, but not a reliable guide.

    >And when I eventually got through to their call centre the operative
    >couldn't hear me, so I had tried pretty much everything first.

    Could you perhaps have you run up a soft phone client to test the SIP
    server?
    Did you run a traceroute with WinMTR?
    Have you another IP phone to try?

    >If voipfone had been 100% reliable and never suffered outages in the
    >past I may have looked a bit deeper but they are not infallible and the
    >service has gone down for more than a few minutes in the past.

    True, but the experience of you and others with the Siemens phone
    looked a good place to start.

    >I still rate voipfone highly and have no hesitation to continue to
    >recommend and use them.

    Ditto, and FTAOD I've no link with it.

    Mark, Oct 10, 2008