Re: voipbuster free-lunch over

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ed, May 26, 2005.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:22:14 -0500, vassilis wrote:

    >Going back to the original post... the 1ct per call has been dropped.
    >Now it seems that apart from 4 countries that are free the rest start
    >from 1ct per minute. It is still cheap but there is no comparison with
    >the previous offer.

    The website contradicts this saying:

    "Great news: As from today, VoipBuster is available again for all Beta
    testers! And on top of that we have added some popular destinations to
    our list of free countries as well.

    BUT: To counter the misuse of our network we have limited our
    Free-Calls policy for NON-registered users to 1 minute per call. If
    you want to enjoy UNLIMITED free calls, just register and buy 1 euro
    worth of credit. "

    It doesn't explain when "today" actually was (maybe it was today or
    was it yesterday?)

    (crossposted to uk.telecom.voip)
    Ed, May 26, 2005

  2. Ed

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 26 May 2005, Ed writes
    >On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:22:14 -0500, vassilis wrote:
    >
    >>Going back to the original post... the 1ct per call has been dropped.
    >>Now it seems that apart from 4 countries that are free the rest start
    >>from 1ct per minute. It is still cheap but there is no comparison with
    >>the previous offer.

    >The website contradicts this saying:
    >
    >"Great news: As from today, VoipBuster is available again for all Beta
    >testers! And on top of that we have added some popular destinations to
    >our list of free countries as well.
    >
    >BUT: To counter the misuse of our network we have limited our
    >Free-Calls policy for NON-registered users to 1 minute per call. If
    >you want to enjoy UNLIMITED free calls, just register and buy 1 euro
    >worth of credit. "
    >
    >It doesn't explain when "today" actually was (maybe it was today or
    >was it yesterday?)
    >
    >(crossposted to uk.telecom.voip)

    It seems it's not available to SIP phones or SIP adapters.

    DF
    David Floyd, May 27, 2005

  3. Ed

    dcuk Guest

    David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Thu, 26 May 2005, Ed writes
    >
    >> On Wed, 25 May 2005 03:22:14 -0500, vassilis wrote:
    >>
    >>> Going back to the original post... the 1ct per call has been dropped.
    >>> Now it seems that apart from 4 countries that are free the rest start
    >>> from 1ct per minute. It is still cheap but there is no comparison with
    >>> the previous offer.

    >> The website contradicts this saying:
    >>
    >> "Great news: As from today, VoipBuster is available again for all Beta
    >> testers! And on top of that we have added some popular destinations to
    >> our list of free countries as well.
    >>
    >> BUT: To counter the misuse of our network we have limited our
    >> Free-Calls policy for NON-registered users to 1 minute per call. If
    >> you want to enjoy UNLIMITED free calls, just register and buy 1 euro
    >> worth of credit. "
    >>
    >> It doesn't explain when "today" actually was (maybe it was today or
    >> was it yesterday?)
    >>
    >> (crossposted to uk.telecom.voip)

    > It seems it's not available to SIP phones or SIP adapters.
    >
    > DF

    It still works for me with.
    dcuk, May 27, 2005
  4. Ed

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 27 May 2005, dcuk writes
    >David Floyd wrote:

    >>> The website contradicts this saying:
    >>>
    >>> "Great news: As from today, VoipBuster is available again for all Beta
    >>> testers! And on top of that we have added some popular destinations to
    >>> our list of free countries as well.
    >>>
    >>> BUT: To counter the misuse of our network we have limited our
    >>> Free-Calls policy for NON-registered users to 1 minute per call. If
    >>> you want to enjoy UNLIMITED free calls, just register and buy 1 euro
    >>> worth of credit. "
    >>>
    >>> It doesn't explain when "today" actually was (maybe it was today or
    >>> was it yesterday?)
    >>>
    >>> (crossposted to uk.telecom.voip)

    >> It seems it's not available to SIP phones or SIP adapters.
    >> DF

    >It still works for me with.

    It may well do. But I haven't used it before. And they say there is no
    support for SIP.

    So how am I supposed to know what the settings are for ATA-486 if they
    don't support it and therefore don't say what the settings should be. I
    have I missed somewhere on the web-site :-(

    David
    David Floyd, May 27, 2005
  5. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    > In message of Fri, 27 May 2005, dcuk writes
    >> David Floyd wrote:
    >>> In message of Thu, 26 May 2005, Ed writes

    >>> It seems it's not available to SIP phones or SIP adapters.
    >>> DF

    >> It still works for me with.

    > It may well do. But I haven't used it before. And they say there is no
    > support for SIP.
    >
    > So how am I supposed to know what the settings are for ATA-486 if they
    > don't support it and therefore don't say what the settings should be.
    > I have I missed somewhere on the web-site :-(
    >
    > David

    http://www.voipbuster.com/forum/index.php

    For Free £10 credit when you get referred to TalkTalk or £5 when referred to
    easyMobile contact me via above site.
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 27, 2005