Re: VoIPBuster and 18866 VOIP??

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by David Floyd, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Dave writes

    >"Phil" <> wrote in message
    >> "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >>>I know this has been asked before and answered a while ago, but I have
    >>>googled and got nowhere, so here goes....
    >>>
    >>> I have a 18866 account that I normally use with my BT line, but want to
    >>> use VoipBuster to make calls with 18866 over the net, can someone remind
    >>> me what I use for the username and password please? Thanks In Advance.
    >>>

    >> Username is 18866 followed by your registerd phone number with no spaces
    >> and password is your 18866 account number.

    >Thanks Phil... Thats what I thought it was, but it won't work here. Are you
    >using it OK?
    >
    >so if my phone number was 013nn67n67n and my account number was 768vb734e
    >
    >I would use 18866013nn67n67n as the username and 768vb734e as the password
    >?
    >
    >Is yours working?

    You would get a better response on uk.telecom.voip -->

    What you're talking about above are the settings for using 18866VoIP not
    VoIPBuster, as you subject is suggesting.

    DF
    David Floyd, Jun 9, 2005

  2. David Floyd

    Stickems. Guest

    NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip

    Stickems., Jun 9, 2005

  3. "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    > NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip
    >
    > |You would get a better response on uk.telecom.voip -->

    Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out there.

    I was using a free one until Telewest's server carried the group
    The Cable Guy, Jun 9, 2005
  4. David Floyd

    Stickems. Guest

    Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

    Stickems., Jun 10, 2005
  5. On 10 Jun 2005 10:48 GMT, "Stickems." <> wrote:

    >Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

    when you learn to stop top-posting !

    --

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    Peter Morgan - 0870 432 9632, Jun 10, 2005
  6. "Stickems." <> wrote in message

    > "The Cable Guy" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    > | > NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip

    > | Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
    > there.
    > |
    > | I was using a free one until Telewest's server carried the group
    > |

    >Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

    Go here http://cust.readfreenews.net/login.php and sign up for a free
    account.
    The Cable Guy, Jun 10, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Stickems. writes
    >"The Cable Guy" <> wrote in message
    >|
    >| "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    >| > NTL users can't get uk.telecom.voip
    >| Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
    >there.

    Re-arranged reply (see footer)

    >Please tell me how do I get this on OE from someone other than NTL.

    A good number of users in these groups use individual.net
    ( http://news.individual.net/ )

    Not free, but reliable. Cost €10 (about £7) per annum.

    Note:
    This is the last time I reply to your posts if you continue to top-post.

    DF

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    David Floyd, Jun 10, 2005
  8. David Floyd

    Stickems. Guest

    Thanks, your a gentleman.

    | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    | >

    | > "The Cable Guy" <> wrote in message
    | > |
    | > | "Stickems." <> wrote in message

    | > | Why not? There's a <substantial> number of free text news servers out
    | > there.
    | > |

    Stickems., Jun 10, 2005