Re: VOIP QOS - Draytek router stuff

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by alexd, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. alexd

    alexd Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:58:12 +0000, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

    > Having just changed hom ISP from Uk Online to O2 considering the line
    > sync. speed I was a bit saddened to see speed tests still only acheiving
    > 2Mbps/250Kbps same a the actual package speed on UK Online.

    > Just thought I'd pass this on as it doesn't seem to be documented and
    > doesn't seem a logical operation.

    The received wisdom is that it's best to tell your QoSing device [Draytek
    in your case] that your speed is 95% [or so] of what it really is. That
    way, the packets [upstream anyway] will be queueing on a device that you
    have control over, rather than queueing on your ISPs equipment. How
    you're supposed to implement that if your available bandwidth varies with
    the time of day is anybody's guess!

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:34:13 up 12 days, 1:25, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.06, 0.01
    alexd, Oct 27, 2008