Re: VOIP providors, sipserve, italk, any others?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by AD., Apr 8, 2005.

  1. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:05:43 -0700, bitsyboffin wrote:

    > So, any other options? Or is that the full extent of the VOIP market in
    > New Zealand?

    There are other options, but I doubt they are in your league in terms of
    price.

    At work we use Commverge (part of Callplus I think) over Citylink with
    rented Cisco SIP phones talking to a Broadsoft backend. It's effectively
    like an ASP for phone systems ie PBX type stuff. They used to use Cisco
    Call Manager as a backend, but it was pretty flakey. When they upgraded to
    Broadsoft it got a whole lot better.

    When we shifted offices we needed a PBX, but this turned out a bit cheaper
    once you wanted some extra PBX features.

    I understand they now support other cheaper brands of SIP phones, which
    should make it a bit cheaper.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 8, 2005

  2. AD.

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:46:32 -0700, bitsyboffin wrote:

    > I'll be running Asterisk as a PBX locally, I only need a straight SIP (or
    > IAX) connection, no PBX features. I can't see an offering like that on
    > commverge's site.

    Yeah I know, I was just offering it up another data point in the 'extent
    of the VoIP market'. I didn't mention them earlier because they didn't
    seem like what you were after.

    They seem a little too 'telco' to offer end points for Asterix users,
    after all that would be too much like the way Citylink does things :)

    You might have guessed I prefer Citylink style network suppliers than
    telco style ones.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton