Re: Voice modem problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bryan Henderson, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:48:32 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    > scutters "Bryan Henderson" <> wrote :
    >

    > >"Prof" <> wrote in message
    > >> Have you tried raising the volume on the Window's virtual mixer? Since

    > >> voice modem is a wave device it might work.

    > >If you mean the volume control on the task bar etc then yes if I turn

    this
    > >volume up high I can hear the messages. I have a USB TV device and the
    > >volume level I use for this used to be fine for the modem but now I am
    > >having to turn up the level higher for listening to messages then turn it
    > >down to listen to TV before I didn't have to do this.

    > Having never used the,"Voice"option of a modem I'm not sure if this
    > will help but here ya go.
    >
    > There are,"Two"places you can adjust the modem,"Handshake"volume which
    > I suspect may also affect the,"Voice" volume of which you can confirm
    > if this works.
    >
    > 1:Go to Dial Up Networking/Highlight your Connection/Right
    > click/Properties/Configure and move the Volume slider all the way to
    > the right and work your way out.
    >
    > 2:Control Panel/Modems/Highlight your modem/Properties and do the
    > same.
    >
    > HTH :)

    I've done this now but it hasn't helped. It states this is for the modem
    speaker, but play back of messages is done on the speakers through the
    soundcard. I suspect the problem is when they are recorded.

    The modem is described as a Generic SoftK56 Data,Fax,Voice,Speakerphone in
    device manager however Bitware has it as a Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax,
    Speakerphone modem

    Bryan Henderson, Jun 22, 2003