Re: Voice calls to the Philippines from the UK.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Mark Ingle, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. Mark Ingle

    Mark Ingle Guest

    Mick Cant <> wrote:

    > So what am I doing wrong that I cannot phone her in a reliable way?
    > Even phoning direct from my mobile to her mobile, even though it is
    > expensive is still not always reliable.
    >
    > Can someone please explain to a novice how best to do this? she cannot carry
    > a laptop with her all the time.
    > Thanks,
    > Mick.

    I have relatives in the Philippines and apart from busy times such as
    Christmas, calling the Philippines has been okay.

    Quite a few VOIP operators here have poor service/connections to the
    Philippines (either difficult to get through or poor quality). I've
    tried a couple and found Draytel the best. Very occasionally that fails
    and I have to revert to the very expensive BT which always seems to work
    to landlines and SMART mobile network (I have had no experience with the
    other mobile operators, but as SMART is owned by PLDT (the main landline
    telephone company in the Philippines), one may get more reliable
    connections for incoming international calls compared to Globe Telecom
    or Sun.

    For normal day to day calls from home, I supplied them with a VOIP
    router which is configured for a couple of UK VOIP services (Draytel and
    Sipgate) and runs on their PLDT MyDSL Xperience connection (which
    doesn't seem as reliable as UK ADSL), calls to the UK or vice versa can
    be made for free or little cost.

    Mark Ingle, Mar 26, 2009