Re: Voice calls to the Philippines from the UK.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Chris Blunt, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. Chris Blunt

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:19:18 -0000, "Mick Cant"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    > I am not technically minded on this but just wondering why I cannot
    >find a reliable way of phoning my wife who is in Manila, Philippines.
    >When she can get to a computer then Yahoo or Skype seem ok, but I need to
    >phone her mobile phone if I need to talk urgently.
    >I have used the re diallers where I phone a number then another number,
    >sometimes they are ok but not often.
    >I have tried the paid for phone service both with Yahoo and Skype, Skype
    >seems more reliable but again not always.
    >
    >What prompted this is that I read in a newspaper on 25-3-2--9, that some 118
    >888 directory enquiries calls were handled in Manila, and they would need a
    >reliable service with good voice reception,
    >
    >So what am I doing wrong that I cannot phone her in a reliable way?
    >Even phoning direct from my mobile to her mobile, even though it is
    >expensive is still not always reliable.
    >
    >Can someone please explain to a novice how best to do this? she cannot carry
    >a laptop with her all the time.

    In most parts of Manila you can get packages including landline rental
    and a broadband connection for around £15 a month. I have a broadband
    connection in Manila which I use to make VoIP calls back to the UK,
    and the call quality is normally quite good. You would probably get
    better connections that way rather than trying to call a mobile in the
    Philippines.

    Chris
    Chris Blunt, Mar 26, 2009