Re: Vodafone site loosing Text files..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by harrod, Aug 4, 2008.

  1. harrod

    harrod Guest

    Text file? how is she loosing it?

    Has she rung vodafone and asked?

    harrod, Aug 4, 2008

  2. harrod

    Guest

    On Aug 4, 7:04 pm, Brian Mathews <>
    wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +1200, "harrod" <> wrote:
    > >Text file? how is she loosing it?

    > Not being received.
    >
    > >Has she rung vodafone and asked?

    > That costs money.
    >

    > >"Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message

    > >> Wife seems to be getting a lot of lost Text files, any one know what is
    > >> going on..?

    > >> Phone is showing a good receive level..

    Another fine example of why the Telecommunications sector requires
    further regulation.
    , Aug 4, 2008

  3. harrod

    liberty Guest

    On Aug 4, 7:23 pm, wrote:
    > On Aug 4, 7:04 pm, Brian Mathews                     <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 17:37:14 +1200, "harrod" <> wrote:
    > > >Text file? how is she loosing it?

    > > Not being received.

    > > >Has she rung vodafone and asked?

    > > That costs money.

    > > >"Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message

    > Another fine example of why the Telecommunications sector requires
    > further regulation.- Hide quoted text -

    Have it all controlled like they have in the Kremlin. That will make
    it nice and easy for the suits to keep the central committee informed.
    liberty, Aug 4, 2008
  4. harrod

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "Rich80105" wrote in message

    > Do you think Vodafone will tighten it for her harrod
    > (I suspect you meant losing it, not loosing it - it is one of the more
    > common errors that the ill-educated seem to be making at present)

    I suspect that harrod was parodying the original subject line.
    Nik Coughlin, Aug 4, 2008
  5. harrod

    Guest

    On Aug 4, 7:46 pm, "BTMO" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote

    > >> That costs money.

    > > Another fine example of why the Telecommunications sector requires
    > > further regulation.

    > Then again, real competition would be more effective...

    The reality of the situation is that NZ is a small, sparsely
    population country and we are not capable of supporting multiple major
    Telco players. The model therefore wisely employed by the Government
    is that of a carrot & stick; encourage investment through making
    available an innovative capital investment fund (which a competitive
    bidding approach), and to add regulation with the industry does not
    'self correct'.

    Another approach may be to purchase the infrastructure from the
    Telco's and to lease it back to them so that they may provide services
    across it. For a variety of reasons this approach is not tenable at
    this point in time.
    , Aug 5, 2008
  6. harrod

    Fantail Guest

    On Aug 8, 10:10 pm, "BTMO" <> wrote:

    > But what was preventing them both from going GSM from the outset?

    ah... at the outset GSM hadn't been invented. Then it was easiest for
    Telecom to go from AMPS to D-AMPS on 025. But if you mean, why did
    Telecom adopt CDMA instead of GSM, it was the influence of large
    American shareholders, I suspect. Telstra made the same bad decision.

    Regards, John
    Fantail, Aug 9, 2008