    Better than what? It's a great OS and works perfectly for those who
    are willing to learn something new and are willing to RTFM.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:

    XS11E, Sep 4, 2009

  2. XS11E

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:21:27 -0700, XS11E wrote:

    > Sarah Austin <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has Vista gotten any better recently?

    > Better than what? It's a great OS and works perfectly for those who are
    > willing to learn something new and are willing to RTFM.

    HAR! LOL! Hahahahahahaha!

    Clueless.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.

    Dan C, Sep 5, 2009

  3. XS11E

    Guest

    XS11E <> wrote:

    >Sarah Austin <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has Vista gotten any better recently?

    >Better than what? It's a great OS and works perfectly for those who
    >are willing to learn something new and are willing to RTFM.

    It sounds like you've been around, I'm sure you've read
    A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection
    http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

    "The Vista Content Protection specification could very well constitute
    the longest suicide note in history "
    --

    Why you never let dad help make the mermaid costume…
    http://www.parentfail.com/mermaid/

    , Sep 5, 2009
  4. XS11E

    Guest

    XS11E <> wrote:

    >> It sounds like you've been around, I'm sure you've read
    >> A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection
    >> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.html

    >I have, and?

    Lots of little things, "A lot of this OPM stuff seems to come straight
    from the twilight zone. It's normal to have error codes indicating
    that there was a disk error or that a network packet got garbled, but
    I'm sure Windows Vista must be the first OS in history to have error
    codes for things like “display quality too high”"

    --

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_removed_from_Windows_Vista#Windows_Shell
    Or http://tinyurl.com/5htqhc

    , Sep 6, 2009