Re: Vista with IE7 problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Don, Jan 16, 2009.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    "SJP" <> wrote in message
    > Windows Vista Home Premium PC that has a strange problem with internet
    > explorer.
    >
    > Logged on as Administrator.
    >
    > Double clicking the IE7 desktop icon causes a box to flash briefly on

    screen
    > then disappear but no internet access.
    > If I right click on the icon and choose "Run as Administrator" then

    browser
    > open up and connect to homepage no problem
    > Opera on same computer works as normal.
    > Have set up another Administrator account and that has the same problem

    with
    > IE.
    > Have downloaded and installed IE8 and thats the same.
    >
    > Any ideas please?

    Hi,
    Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
    Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
    or
    Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
    If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

    For troubleshooting information see:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

    More at:
    Problem: Crashes or hangs
    http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

    Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/e85a03aa-c7c6-428e-9891-67ea76df9b7e103

    Don
    Don, Jan 16, 2009