Re: Vista security credentials tarnished in malware survey

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2008.

  1. In article <48252ecd$>, Cadae did write:

    > Yawn - the usual tosh put out by MS haters ...

    Ah, quick with the ad-hominem attacks as usual. Yet funny how the Dimdows
    apologists inevitably hide behind pseudonyms themselves, isn't it?

    There's a word for this: it's "hypocrisy".

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2008

  2. In article <1210417709.794028@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    >> In article <48252ecd$>, Cadae did write:
    >>
    >>> Yawn - the usual tosh put out by MS haters ...

    >> Ah, quick with the ad-hominem attacks as usual. Yet funny how the Dimdows
    >> apologists inevitably hide behind pseudonyms themselves, isn't it?
    >>
    >> There's a word for this: it's "hypocrisy".

    > Not that you don't do that yourself ...

    Ad-hominem attacks? Under a false name, even? When, pot-kettle?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 10, 2008

  3. In article <1210466329.482960@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    >> In article <1210417709.794028@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:
    >>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:g03qta$6ut$...

    >>> Not that you don't do that yourself ...

    >> Ad-hominem attacks? Under a false name, even? When, pot-kettle?

    > Unlike you I haven't kept changing the name that I post under.

    When have I done that?

    > You're also very conveniently forgetting that you started the bullshit
    > about hiding behind pseud[o]nyms

    Hey, I'm not the coward hiding behind the pseudonym.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 11, 2008
  4. In article <482641eb$>, Cadae did write:

    >> In article <48252ecd$>, Cadae did write:
    >>
    >>> Yawn - the usual tosh put out by MS haters ...

    >> Ah, quick with the ad-hominem attacks as usual. Yet funny how the Dimdows
    >> apologists inevitably hide behind pseudonyms themselves, isn't it?
    >>
    >> There's a word for this: it's "hypocrisy".

    > For your information the ad-hominem technique involves diverting a
    > discussion away from the topic and focussing instead on an attack on the
    > person you are arguing with.

    Which is what you did by claiming The Register were "MS Haters", did you
    not?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 11, 2008
  5. In article <1210497254.738643@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    > You've been doing it for years, David.

    Who are you thinking of?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 11, 2008
  6. In article <1210540252.163563@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    >> In article <1210497254.738643@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:
    >>
    >>> You've been doing it for years, David.

    >> Who are you thinking of?

    > David Murray.

    By "David Murray" do you mean "Paul Smith"?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 12, 2008
  7. In article <1210580962.750737@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    >> In article <1210540252.163563@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:
    >>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:g06iiu$qe0$...

    >>> David Murray.

    >> By "David Murray" do you mean "Paul Smith"?

    > Never heard of Paul Smith.

    That's what I thought. So it's not the same Charles Winchester, then?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 13, 2008
  8. In article <1210663811.909879@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:

    >> In article <1210580962.750737@ftpsrv1>, *sling did write:
    >>>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message news:g08nrq$3ca$...

    >>> Never heard of Paul Smith.

    >> That's what I thought. So it's not the same Charles Winchester, then?

    > It is the same as Charlie Stubbs though.

    I'm not that Chris. Maybe you were thinking of another Jim?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 13, 2008