Re: Vista MCSE?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by PajaP, Dec 5, 2006.

  1. PajaP

    PajaP Guest

    On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:00:01 -0800, BruceB <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know if Microsoft has defined a certification path for Vista yet?
    >If so, where do I find it?
    >
    >Thanks

    Well the information only seems to be available if I login to the MCP
    site so I don't think I should copy & paste it here?

    If you can login the information is available here:

    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/preview/Default.mspx#VISTA

    In short:
    There are beta exams available now to selected MCP's.
    The vista beta is 70-620
    There _will_ be a one-exam upgrade path for MCDSTs (70-621).
    The final exam path has not been finalised.
    More information is to be posted in new year.

    --
    PajaP
    PajaP, Dec 5, 2006

  2. PajaP

    Paul Mckenna Guest

    Just to clarify.. I'm an MCSE 2003 but one of my exam was in windows 2000
    client, I think 70-270 or something like that, Now Vista is out I'm assuming
    that 270 exam is going, so do I need to take a vista or xp exam to keep my
    MCSE or what's the best way forward for me now to keep my certificate
    up-to-date?

    Thanks in advance
    Paul

    Paul Mckenna, Dec 5, 2006

  3. "Paul Mckenna" <> wrote in message
    > Just to clarify.. I'm an MCSE 2003 but one of my exam was in windows 2000
    > client, I think 70-270 or something like that, Now Vista is out I'm
    > assuming that 270 exam is going, so do I need to take a vista or xp exam
    > to keep my MCSE or what's the best way forward for me now to keep my
    > certificate up-to-date?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Paul

    <snip>
    You need to do nothing, your MCSE 2003 will always stay valid, just as MCSE
    2000 and MCSE NT4 are still valid. Check the Microsoft Learning website if
    you want to keep up with what the future directions will be

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCP Win95
    MCNGP Silver
    Wayne McGlinn, Dec 5, 2006
  4. PajaP

    Paul Mckenna Guest

    Thanks,

    I thought I read some where that your MCSE would be valid as long as the
    exams are still available and that they keep the exams on the current
    version of the product and the previous version, so as Vista comes out I
    thought my 2000 exam would no longer be valid..

    But thanks for clearing that up, I really need to start reading things
    rather than just scanning over em :)

    Paul

    Paul Mckenna, Dec 5, 2006